Scroll downward for details on the 3-year GNO grant
Format: Storytelling, Literary Exploration Via Play and One-on-One Discussion
Schedule: One weekly 90-minute session for 6 weeks
Partners: School-based Preschool Programs, Head Start/Childcare Centers
Audience: Parents/Caregivers and their 3 to 5 year old children
A trained preschool facilitator reads and explores beautifully illustrated and award-winning children’s books which include classic stories as well as new tales that promote reading readiness. Another facilitator then leads the children and their parents through center-based activities which allow encourage increased comprehension and critical thinking on the text. The program shares strategies that encourage meaningful at-home reading behavior between parents/caregivers and their young children. PRIME TIME Preschool introduces young children and their families to the humanities and to literature through age-appropriate storytelling and literary exploration via center-based play.
Learn more about the benefits and impact of PRIME TIME Preschool.
Request for Applications: PRIME TIME® Preschool Programming Grants Available!
PRIME TIME, Inc., a subsidiary of The Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities, is pleased to announce a call for applications for fully-funded PRIME TIME® Preschool programs. PRIME TIME Preschool is a unique program for families with 3 to 5 year-old children that meets for 90 minutes once a week, for 6 consecutive weeks during after-school hours. The program engages young children and their caregivers in reading and humanities topics in a fun, interactive way. Partner agencies are chosen by application, and may specify the dates, times and location of their programs. Staff members from the selected organizations are trained to deliver all aspects of the programs with support from the PRIME TIME home office.
Eight three-year PRIME TIME Preschool Program grants will be awarded in three parishes:
- Jefferson (3),
- Bernard (3), and
- Plaquemines Parish (2).
Eligible Applicants Must:
- Be licensed childcare facilities or schools
- Serve three to five-year-old children from educationally and economically vulnerable families
- Be located in in Jefferson, St. Bernard, or Plaquemines Parish.
- Commit to hold five fully-funded PRIME TIME Preschool programs between September 2016 and December 2018 at their facility
Each PRIME TIME Preschool Grant includes:
- Training for 3 site-based team members – 1 program coordinator and 2 preschool facilitators;
- Stipends for 3 site-based team members; $500 for program coordinator and $750 for facilitators
- Program support stipend for meals, transportation, door prizes and program supplies;
- Curriculum materials such as manuals for site-based teams and book sets for participating families to keep at home;
- Promotional material kit for family recruitment and generating community support that includes customized fliers, brochures, and posters; and
- Technical support from PRIME TIME staff before and during the program.
Click here to access details on the PRIME TIME Preschool grant and application completion guidelines.
- Attend a program grant information webinar; visit primetimefamily.org to register.