After an eight-month competitive process, the US Department of Health and Human Services has selected PRIME TIME, Inc. to be the Early Head Start and Head Start operator for Lafayette and Iberia parishes. With this award, PRIME TIME, Inc. will serve 747 children, from six weeks to five years old, through a diverse set of free, humanities-focused program options. Read more…
What Can You Expect from PRIME TIME, Inc.?
PRIME TIME will rely on its strength as a builder of effective partnerships. By collaborating with local leaders in education, health, and family support services, PRIME TIME Head Start will bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children and families within the communities we serve.
- We focus on families and creating the foundation for future learning.
- We are open to feedback and focus our energies on solutions.
- We make data driven decisions.
- We recognize and appreciate that our success is contingent on strong relationships.
- We integrate parent and community input in the governance and operation of our program.
- We will never accept mediocrity, because our children cannot afford it.
We are currently engaged in a transition period. During this period, we are working with the current provider and our partners to put all program components in place. This includes establishing and licensing centers, hiring and training staff, enrolling families, and setting up data and technology systems. Once this transition period is complete, PRIME TIME, Inc. will assume operation of the Lafayette/Iberia Early Head Start and Head Start program in January 2021.
In the coming weeks, will host a series of community information sessions to introduce our program and approach to prospective parents and Head Start team members. Enrollment information will be coordinated with community partners and shared with parents as soon as possible.
- Parents can learn more about current plans here and may call (337) 347-6699 with questions. All are encouraged to share their contact information to receive updates and announcements here.
- Those interested in employment opportunities can learn more about opportunities here and may call (337) 399-0110 with questions. All are encouraged to share their contact information to receive updates and announcements here.