PRIME TIME Head Start in Ouachita Parish brings a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build bright futures for the children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
Message from PRIME TIME Head Start Director Stalanda Butcher regarding the recent COVID-19 developments.
The leadership team at PRIME TIME Head Start has been monitoring and tracking the fast-moving developments regarding COVID-19. We have been carefully and closely monitoring the scientific and health care recommendations from local and global experts and authorities. On March 11th, the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) was declared a pandemic. This means that the virus is now prevalent over many countries, including the Unites States.
We will also follow guidance from local authorities including the Monroe City Schools and Ouachita Parish Schools, and we will continue to update you all with the latest information. On March 13th, Governor John Bel Edwards has issued for all schools K-12th to close starting on Monday March 16, 2020 through April 13, 2020.
The well-being and safety of our students, staff, family, and communities are of the upmost importance to us. To help our families and those in the community locate resources, we have produced an informational flier with locations and contact information for various services.
Currently, prevention is our best safeguard. The CDC recommends the following actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses such as the common cold, flu, and COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick and remain home until fever-free for 24 hours without fever- reducing medication.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For additional information on the virus, please visit ldh.la.gov/Coronavirus.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (318) 855-1392 or email Stalanda Butcher, Head Start Director at email@example.com.