Information for Head Start Parents
Parents are our most important partners, and our Family Engagement approach encompasses a commitment to work with parents to close the achievement gap and ensure that their children achieve their school readiness goals. In addition to a comprehensive family engagement approach and curriculum, we also partner with community agencies to ensure that our parents can be connected to supportive resources. PRIME TIME Head Start welcomes parent volunteers at the centers, and offers a number of ways that parents can connect with and govern the program, participate in the classroom, engage in fun and educational activities with their children, and more.
Talk with your Center Director, family advocate, classroom teacher for more information about family support and parent engagement options.
POLICY COUNCIL MEETINGS (@ Ransom)
- Last Thursday of every month @ 11:00 am
FAMILY ENGAGEMENT NETWORK MEETINGS
- MLK: 3rd Wednesday of each month
- Ransom: 3rd Thursday of each month
- Robinson: 3rd Friday of each month
SPRING 2019 PRIME TIME PRESCHOOL FAMILY READING PROGRAMS
- MLK: Tuesdays, 2/19/19 to 4/2/19 (skipping 3/26/19) @ 5:30; 318-582-2001
- Ransom: Tuesdays, 2/19/19 to 4/2/19 (skipping 3/26/19) @ 5:30; 318-855-1392
- Robinson: Tuesdays, 2/19/19 to 4/2/19 (skipping 3/26/19) @ 5:30; 318-855-1826